Bow String Depot Buddies

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bow String Depot Buddies

Helping all who do Archery from Bow Strings to Tuning to simple fixes all makes and models: Hoyt, Mathews, Martin, Pse, Xpedition, Elite and more.

+5
HuntingHutchet
NWMO
SixShooter14
Double S
Arrow Splitter
9 posters

Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice

Arrow Splitter
    Arrow Splitter
    Admin
    Admin

Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice Empty Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice

Post by Arrow Splitter Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Yes, we've all done it. There is a hole in the basement rafter that proves I have. Embarassed

A.S
    Double S
    Double S

Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice Empty Re: Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice

Post by Double S Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:27 pm

I have a few arrows somewhere in the field. Very Happy

Last edited by Double S on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arrow Splitter
    Arrow Splitter
    Admin
    Admin

Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice Empty Re: Post up your worst shot you've taken during practice

Post by Arrow Splitter Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Double S wrote:I have a few arrows somewhere in the field. Very Happy
    That's the best you've done? LOL Very Happy

A.S
    SixShooter14
    SixShooter14

Post by SixShooter14 Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:08 pm

I've put a few holes in the wall of the barn...little triangle holes in the tin, smh...
    Arrow Splitter
    Arrow Splitter
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Arrow Splitter Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 pm

SixShooter14 wrote:I've put a few holes in the wall of the barn...little triangle holes in the tin, smh...
    Now that's better. LOL

A.S
    NWMO

Post by NWMO Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:30 am

Garage jumped between me and what I was shooting at.
    HuntingHutchet
    HuntingHutchet

Post by HuntingHutchet Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 am

I decided it would be more fun to shoot the rocks past the target. Why didn't anyone tell me that arrows can't penetrate stone. hehe
    SixShooter14
    SixShooter14

Post by SixShooter14 Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:18 am

I had a D-loop break once. Sent the arrow about 6ft straight over the target and into the woods. I found it a few days later about 250yds from where I was shooting.
    Hutch Admin
    Hutch Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hutch Admin Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:13 pm

so did you get a fat lip when it broke? Rolling Eyes
    SixShooter14
    SixShooter14

Post by SixShooter14 Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 pm

no, but i got a punch in the collar bone and felt like I dislocated my shoulder....
    rminard
    rminard

Post by rminard Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:27 am

Don't have a picture of it ... but in my first season of bow hunting I accidentally triggered my release and launched an arrow down the lane besides my garage and into my neighbors garage behind my house ... luckily she wasn't home and it left a tiny hole all the way at the grass line ...
    Hutch Admin
    Hutch Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hutch Admin Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Oops
    Mark T

Post by Mark T Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 pm

NOPE!
    bgav1961

Post by bgav1961 Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:01 pm

I was shooting long distance, 120 yards to be exact, i always make sure to reset my pin back to 20 yards when i am done. It started to rain and i wanted to get inside quick. Forgot to reset my pin to 20 yards. Went out and bought some lumenocks and went out to shoot the next day. Let me tell you, never shoot a 30 yard target with your sight set at 120 yards. That was the shortest lived lumenock i have ever owned.
    Arrow Splitter
    Arrow Splitter
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Arrow Splitter Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:41 pm

LOL Those nocks aren't a dime a dozen either. Crying or Very sad

Welcome to the BSD forum by the way. Cool

A.S
    bgav1961

Post by bgav1961 Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:38 am

I hear ya Very Happy
    Hutch Admin
    Hutch Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hutch Admin Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Welcome aboard!

Been there done that forgot to set my pin back to 20yards and made a bad shot on a deer!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am